NYMetroParents, the parenting division of Schneps Media, publishes eight regional print magazines around the greater New York City metro region, as well as the website nymetroparents.com.Read more...
Classes in Westchester914-351-6788
WHITE PLAINS SATURDAY PROGRAMS
1. Parents are not allowed to come to the building on Saturdays. One teacher will be at the drop-off side (the side door of the Y in the big parking lot) to meet you and your child. There will be a staff member from the Y to check each student's temperature and sanitize each student's hands. The teacher will write down each student's temperature. Mandarin Discovery will share the entire list of temperatures with all the parents via email.
2. The teachers will wear masks and face shields for the duration of the in-person class.
3. Classroom materials will be organized and separated into clear, plastic envelopes. Each envelope will be labeled with the name of the student to whom it belongs.
4. We will also provide the students with single-use gloves before they handle toys or materials. For the students that do not wear gloves, we will sanitize or wash their hands after they touch the toys or the materials. Parents must inform us as to whether they prefer gloves or sanitizer for their children.
5. The students will sit 6 feet apart. We will send parents a picture of the classroom setting before our regular class starts.
6. Snack time: one teacher will take 2 students to sit at a cafeteria table. Each student will have 10 minutes for their snack time.
7. Bathroom time: parents, please take your child to the bathroom before class begins. We will take a small group of students (2 children) to the bathroom every half an hour, if necessary.
Each time, the teacher will sanitize the students' hands before and after they use the bathroom.
8. Rewards: at the end of the class, students are accustomed to getting something from the treasure box. The things the students get from the treasure box will be in a protective plastic bag to limit the number of hands that touch them.
9. After the class: one of the teachers will escort students out of the YWCA in groups of 2 or 3. The students will hold on to a rope that keeps them 6 feet apart.
10. Between 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Teachers will sanitize the tables and chairs.
YONKERS WEEKDAY PROGRAMS
Parents are not allowed to come into the classroom. The teacher will pick up the students from the front door and check the students' temperature and sanitize their hands before they come into the classroom.
Students will wear the masks and stay 6 feet apart in the classroom. We will wash hands and sanitize the things they have touched in the classroom. We will check the temperature and sanitize their hands before they leave. Parents will wait by the door.
Sent to You Weekly!